R&D Engineering Manager
Do you want to contribute to the growth of a business by meeting motivating challenges?
ALDES North America is a dynamic company whose objective is to develop the best air exchangers on the market by designing, manufacturing and marketing innovative and efficient ventilation products for residential and commercial buildings. The rapid growth of ALDES North America and the international dynamics of the Aldes Group combined together provide a stimulating work environment for all employees.
Within the R&D department and under the supervision of the Director of Research and Development: you will collaborate with a passionate team to explore the technologies of tomorrow, design new products, test and validate their performance, plan manufacturing means and support the transition to production.
- You will be responsible for the support of R&D Engineers that will report to you.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Research and Development, you will be the lead product development engineer.
- You will be responsible to bring product development projects that are assigned to you and the R&D team, to completion.
- Collaborate with the R&D department to build the product validation plan and prototypes, follow up on the tests and participate in the analysis of the results.
- Collaborate with the R&D Manufacturing Engineering team to introduce the products to production.
- Work with the R&D Department, Operations and the Business Line Manager to research and carry out feasibility studies.
- Create and update schedules as they relate to product development.
- Ensure that products meet all external agency and Aldes requirements.
- Conduct meetings with the various stakeholders and ensure proper follow-up
- Create technical presentations.
- Create component specifications and assist with identifying potential suppliers.
- Develop an action plan to ensure product service, durability, and evolution for the life of the product.
- Be aware of agency trends and requirements, competitive products and new technologies.
- Provide internal technical support as directed.
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Have 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position or relevant training
- Ability to lead a team
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good ability to plan, organize and manage projects
- A functional English (speak and write)
- Understanding product design
- Ability to use SOLIDWORKS
Working Conditions and benefits
- Full-time position (40 hours);
- Group insurance;
- Competitive compensation
- Free social committee (Sugar shack, BBQ, summer party, roast, Christmas party).